Gerbera photo by Kelley

Gerbera photo by Kelley

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

R. I. P. my friend

My very dear friend Don Corey passed away this afternoon. When he worked for the city, he was my biggest supporter and was always ready to help with whatever project I had going on. He was a huge help with the Ray See Park project even when he thought I was nuts. He was a Viet Nam veteran on the Navy side. He asked me about the POW/MIA flag for the park a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure glad we got it up before he died.  He tried to talk to me about his war experience once but still couldn't without getting very emotional. Freedom is never free and he served our country with pride. He was also a friend of Bill for over 20 years. I love him and will miss him sorely. Rest in peace, my friend. I'll see you on the other side baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment