Gerbera photo by Kelley

Gerbera photo by Kelley

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Today's Each day a New Beginning

Within our dreams and aspirations we find our opportunities. Sue Atchley Ebaugh

We all have dreams and aspirations. I call them hope. When I was out there drinking and such, I had no real dreams. I was afraid to try anything for fear of failure. Somewhere in my youth I learned that if you made a mistake, you were a mistake and don't do anything halfassed. If you can't do something right, don't do it at all. Where would we be if everyone believed like that? Edison would never have done anything to make our world better. The Wright brothers certainly never would have gotten their plane off the ground. Abe Lincoln would never have been our president. I finally finished school here at NOC. It only took 30 years for me to get where I am academically. OSU has admitted me as a student. If I still believed as I did when I was young I never would have gone back to college and certainly never even applied to OSU. My dreams may be realized yet. I love gardening......everything about it.  My body, however, is falling apart a joint at a time. The abuse I heaped on myself is finally catching up with me. So, with that in mind, I decided to pursue ag communications. Less math and science and not so hard on the body. And, the best part, I can share my love of gardening through the written word (I love to write).  I am blessed to have a husband who is very supportive of my academic endeavors and not threatened by them like the last one was. One of my dreams has been realized and the others are waiting for me to catch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment