Gerbera photo by Kelley

Gerbera photo by Kelley

Monday, January 25, 2010

Lessons I've Learned From Flowers

An aquaintance of mine shared the story of a plant from her grandmothers funeral. It was all shriveled up such that she thought it was dead. She pulled off the dead leaves,watered it and put it in her kitchen window. Before long the plant started showing new growth. I was kind of like that at one time. My leaves were certainly withered and  I was praying for death because I was at a place where I couldn't drink and I couldn't stop. I prayed for God to release me from the bondage of alcoholism. Soon after my leaves started growing again and I learned to flower. I never give up on a plant til I'm positive it's dead. Every once in a while a plant I swore was dead would ocme back like the native hibiscus I threw in the compost heap because they were infested with red spiders. Imagine my surprise when I opened the heap to stir it sometime later and the things were still alive and growing.....minus the red spiders.  Fortunately God didn't give up on me. There were a lot of people who didn't give up on me either. I had lots of prayer warriors keeping me lifted up.  I am living proof that prayer works.

No comments:

Post a Comment